Sunday, January 29, 2012

Don't faze me Brokaw

The Romney campaign put out a new ad featuring an old 1997 news clip from a broadcast done by Tom Brokaw about Newt's ethics violations. This made Tom unhappy. Brokaw wants Romney to take the ad down.
“I am extremely uncomfortable with the extended use of my personal image in this political ad,” he said. “I do not want my role as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign.”
Fat chance. The Romney camp refuses, claiming fair use. Moreover, they're delighted to get the extra attention. They're pimping the piece on Twitter.



My first thought when I watched it was: "Hey. Tom Brokaw aged pretty well, didn't he?"

My second thought: "Damn. I remember watching that report when it originally aired."

Recall thinking at the time the GOP did the right thing in purging that maniac. Sadly, this sort of housekeeping doesn't happen in the GOP anymore. Even sadder, at this point, Newt isn't even the biggest lunatic pulling the strings in the Republican party.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home