Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Late to the debate

Spent the day at the beach so I almost forgot about the debate. Tuning in late, but I'm hearing I didn't miss much. So far the most interesting thing is they're sitting down this time. And the audience is rather feisty, aren't they? Lots of cheering and booing.

Meanwhile, I'm all mellow from a wild afternoon on the beach. Got there, the sun was shining. Stopped to hang out with this gigantic freaking heron who wasn't afraid of people. Ten minutes later, a fog rolled in. Within two minutes you couldn't see ten feet in any direction. Stayed for three hours anyway. It alternated between fog and sun the whole time.

The shelling isn't so great here, but the beach is long, the people on it are interesting and the birds are all really friendly. Had some intimate encounters with the sand pipers and a flock of frigate birds swooped me in formation. That was really cool.

Fog burned off for the last time just at at sunset. Also, too, I cut my hair this morning, and it was the perfect cut for this environment. Which is pretty much 100% humidity. At the end of the day it looked great. So there's that.

Addendum: So I'm listening to the debate as I'm writing this and thinking this is really weird. Newt isn't going after his rivals, He's not really talking about himself at all, he's just going for the cheers for Obama bashing. And the moderation is bizarre. It sounds like one of those shows where the contestants do stupid stunts to win a few thousand bucks.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home