Saturday, April 14, 2012

My crazy Congresswoman

Good Lord, but I loathe my Congresslizard Virginia Foxx. She apparently has no clue about the cost of an education today.

FOXX: I went through school, I worked my way through, it took me seven years, I never borrowed a dime of money. He borrowed a little bit because we both were totally on our own when we went to college, totally. [...] I have very little tolerance for people who tell me that they graduate with $200,000 of debt or even $80,000 of debt because there’s no reason for that. We live in an opportunity society and people are forgetting that. I remind folks all the time that the Declaration of Independence says “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” You don’t have it dumped in your lap.
Well I have no tolerance for self-serving, smarmy pols who work the system for their own benefit while cheating the people they're supposed to be representing. What part of taking a loan implies a free ride? Not to mention, when she went to school in the 60s the average price of tuition was between $500 and $1,000. The tuition at UNC right now is about $20K for in state residents and $40K for out of state.

I'm too wiped out tonight to fully express my disgust and rage with this woman tonight. Suffice it to say when it comes to the question of stupid or evil, she falls hard on the evil side.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home