Monday, April 02, 2012

Unzip the Mitt

Admit I didn't make the connection to the double entendre immediately. When the woman who Politico deemed the "most feared Republican in the land" this morning, Ann Romney suggested we need to "unzip the Mitt," I envisioned a body suit with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man stepping out. Apparently 95% of the internets had a different take...
Ann Romney’s remarks came during an interview with Baltimore radio station WBAL, during which the host asked her, “And one of the things, Ann Romney, that folks talk about with your husband, Mitt Romney, and I’ve seen him in casual conversation-He comes off very smooth and okay. But sometimes he comes off stiff. Do you have to fight back some criticism, like ‘My husband isn’t stiff, OK?’”

Laughing, Ann Romney responded, “Well, you know, I guess we better unzip him and let the real Mitt Romney out because he is not!”
Frankly, I find the whole premise of the hilarity a bit too icky to contemplate, but somehow I feel certain that "unzip the Mitt" will become part of the lexicon for the foreseeable future, so I'm passing it on to provide context in case you missed it.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home