Monday, January 06, 2014

Frank Luntz throws a pity party

I suppose this piece is supposed make us feel sorry for that evil pudgy putz, Frank Luntz who's having a crisis of faith because his slick sloganery isn't doing the job anymore. Damn the little people for failing to kowtow to his superior powers of persuasion. But in the end, the whole interview boils down to this:
Luntz's populism has turned on itself and become its opposite: fear and loathing of the masses. "I am grateful that Occupy Wall Street turned out to be a bunch of crazy, disgusting, rude, horrible people, because they were onto something," he says. "Limbaugh made fun of me when I said that Occupy Wall Street scares me. Because he didn't hear what I hear. He doesn't see what I see." The people are angry. They want more, not because we have not given them enough but because we have given them too much.
Damn the working poor for wanting to live decently. Don't they know adversity builds character? So says the guy with three obscenely opulent residences including his own private bowling alley, which according to him he's never home to use anyway.

Worse yet, he really wants to get out of politics and get into showbiz, but those damn libruls in Hollywood won't return his calls. To which I say, let the scheming miscreant burn in his own personal hell for the rest of his unnatural life. Don't generally wish misfortune even to the most evil among us, but admit I would take some satisfaction in seeing him living under a bridge in a cardboard box after having lost everything. Let him eat phony slogans.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home